Sunday, October 31, 2010

Darn you Ke$ha!

I was mortified yesterday, listening to Zoë sing one of her favorite songs. I immediately decided that the Kidz Bop CD’s really aren’t that bad. We will be a Kidz Bop family for our music, for a while. Here are the lyrics that set my teeth on edge, sung perfectly by my 6 year old:


“There’s a place I know, if you’re looking for a show, where they go hardcore and there’s glitter on the floor.”

I am still horrified! I had no idea she knew the words (she knows them ALL) and thankfully she has no idea what she is singing about. The look on Dan’s face still haunts me, and I got the lecture. I know, I know, I need to turn off the radio in the car. Believe me, I will now. I’m going to have to start keeping my iPod in the car, with some innocent tunes on it, along with a couple of those dreaded Kidz Bop CD’s. At least Zoë has the entire collection, thanks Shelby! (We’re up to 18 of them now, I think.)

So, for now, Ke$ha is at the top of the banned list around Zoë. I guess I can’t dislike Justin Bieber too much, he still makes me cringe, but at least Zoë can sing his songs. I’d rather hear her sing the lyrics to “Baby Baby” over choking on my drink when she sings “brushing my teeth with a bottle of Jack”. I’ve created a “Zoë” playlist on my iPod with some of her “safe” favorites. During future car rides, we will rocking out to Miranda Cosgrove, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, and old-school Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus. I guess it could be a lot worse!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Remember me?...use to be Stacey Rodriguez....we met online when we were pregnant....I guess it's been 5 years now...wow!!!....lol....Was wondering how you were and this was the only place I could pull you up....I have looked for you on facebook and myspace but apparently you dont have either...couldnt seem to find ur email address either so I thought I would try this....my email is staceycoffman71@hotmail.com.....would love to hear how you have been and how Zoe is....saw a pic of her on here...SHES SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!....hope to hear from you soon...Stacey Coffman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I feel ya on this one! I realized one day on way home from one of Sean's therapy appts that I had cranked up Poison's Unskinny Bop and my 4 yr old was leading the sing a long! Like you I was bit mortified (right after I got over the wow they know good music after all)and grateful they had no clue the bigger meaner of it.

    ReplyDelete