Thursday, March 4, 2010

Working Mom

Sometimes it's really hard to balance working and home life.  This is one of those times.  I try so hard to be organized, but sometimes things just are beyond my control.  Dan is out of town this weekend, it's been planned for a while.  Of course, my work migration/merger project is happening this weekend.  Talk about feeling alone and like a failure!  Thankfully, my MIL was able to have Zoe stay overnight.  I've been here at the office since 9:00 AM.  This morning, I had to make sure I had a bag packed for Zoe and all her school stuff.  I left work about 2:00 and went home, so Amos wouldn't be in the crate for 24 hours!  Hung out with him a little, then met the bus.  Then we rushed out to make it to Phyllis' office, so I could go back to work and here I am.  Now, I'm wondering how the hell I'm going to get back to let Amos out again and I also was hoping to do some grocery shopping.  I have no groceries.  Couldn't go earlier because I didn't have any time to make a grocery list.  So, I rushed and made grocery list while waiting for the bus.  LOL!   You do what you have to do!  Well, it's not looking like I'll be making it to Harris Teeter tonight.  Which means, who knows when I'll get to go.  When I do actually leave here tonight, I will most certainly have to log in from home.  Tomorrow I have to pick Zoe up and then take her to a birthday party.  I wish I had the foresight to find someone to help me out this weekend.  But, I wasn't thinking I guess.  Can't think of everything I guess.  If I have to come in the office, I will have to bring Zoe, but when the heck am I going to?  We have a birthday party to go to on Sunday too.  I'm so tired of working! 

So, how do these mom's do it?  Do they have nannies?  Family members that are close by?  I wish I knew.  But, this weekend, I'm kind of feeling like a failure.  Mostly a failure to my family because I want them to come first, yet, here I am at the office STILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment