Sunday, February 14, 2010

Will I ever get a good night's sleep?

It's not looking likely.  I remember when Zoe was a baby, people told me "oh it will get much better at night as she gets older".  HA!  They lied!  I can't tell you the last time I had a good, uninterrupted, night of sleep.  Wait, yes I can.  It was last month, when Zoe spent the night at Grandma's.  Basically I get one good nights sleep a month.  And, sometimes, not even that, when Amos decides to be a pain. 

The sad part is that for me, sleep really is like a daily vitamin.  My body feels good, I'm in a good mood, all is right with the world.  Don't get me wrong, I am trying to get sleep.  I even do my best to be in bed by 9:30/9:45 PM.  So things start off good.  Then, Amos will need to go out and he will bypass anyone else in the house to get me.  So many nights, I am startled out of a sound sleep by Amos whining.  I get back to sleep, only to wake up practically hanging off the bed because Zoe has climbed in our bed and has taken over all the extra space.  I've tried it all.  We put her back in her bed and she just comes back.  I've tried just scooting down to the bottom of the bed and she makes her way down to the bottom of the bed too.  I've tried sleeping in the guest bed and if she wakes up and I'm not there, she goes to find me and climbs into bed.  That's if Amos doesn't get there first.  He also stalks me at night.  If I get up to go to the bathroom, he's usually right behind me.  (Making sure I don't make a run for it?)

A few nights ago, I was exhausted.  I wasn't able to get to sleep much and finally decided since Zoe was in our bed, I'd go sleep in her bed.  I was in her bed about 5 minutes before Amos found me and jumped up to share the bed with me.  So, once again, I had about a 2 inch strip of bed to try to sleep on.  It doesn't work well.  Between the two of them, I'm never going to get sleep again. 

I don't even know what to do anymore.  Do I spend the next few months taking her back to bed multiple times a night?  Do, I go to the guest bed and lock the door and try to ignore Amos whining?  Apparently, everyone else in my house can sleep through his whining.  LOL!  Plus, Zoe is really good at unlocking doors, so it's not like it would do that much good. 

All I know is that I either need to start getting some sleep or my body needs to hurry up and adjust to little or no sleep.  Wonder how long that will take? 

No comments:

Post a Comment