Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Daddy Daughter Drama

I think I'll just call it "DDD" for short.  What is up with that?  Lately it has been the worst!  Zoe looks for any kind of buttons she can push to get Daddy to pretty much lose it.  Is it an attention thing?  Is it just a 5 yr old girl thing?  Who knows, I don't.  But I do know that it is driving me crazy.  Almost every morning and every night there is some type of drama, yelling, door slamming, etc.  I'm thinking by the time Zoe hits 13, her bedroom door will have been removed.  It is a blatant power struggle mostly.  Dan asks her to do something, she flat out tells him "no".  He gets mad, she is being disrespectful, then the yelling begins.  She screams that she hates him, he's mean, lots of stomping, etc.  Ugh.  This latest event, has caused her to be mad for 2 days.  The funny thing is that she has nothing to be mad or upset about.  She was in the wrong, she was being disrespectful to him, so why is she mad?  Who knows.  I just try to keep my mouth shut because whenever I do try to "intervene" the outcome is never good.  I might have to do what Amos, our boxer, does when they argue, he quietly leaves the room and heads to a back corner in the bathroom.  LOL! 

I thought little girls were supposed to be "Daddy's girls", at least that is what people told me.  I'm sure it will change at some point and I will be the villan.  Everyone told me at the beginning, oh she is going to be such a daddy's girl, watch out!  When?  When does this happen?  I'm not complaining though, I like that she is a momma's girl, but I still wonder what I did wrong.  (Everything that goes wrong is somehow my fault!) 

Well, it should be interesting to see how this plays out.  Like I said, this is Day 2.  Last night when Daddy went to do the nighttime routine, she said she didn't want him there.  He took away her Wii remote and stuffed animal after the "incident".  We gave her the opportunity to "earn" them back and she, so far, has declined.  I don't know how long she can hold out though. 

It's never dull at our house, especially when the DDD is in full swing, which seems to be about every other day!  If only I could find that instruction manual.  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment