Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A New Life Chapter

I have officially been unemployed for two days.  (Eek!) I’m still a little in shock, but I can already see some good from being around more.  It also feels like I jumped without a parachute or safety net and I’m still falling (or plummeting) towards the ground.  It was a tough decision to make.  Dan is behind me 100%.  But, I wonder what happens when I finally hit the ground?  I’ve done a lot of praying and cutting back on expenses.  I’ve got the support of friends and family, which is awesome.  But, I still have a tiny nagging bit of worry. (Probably normal?) 

I have to admit, I do feel less stressed.  I’m surprised I’m not my usual radiating ball of stress over it all.  Perhaps it is because I feel good about the decision.  As soon as the decision was made, I felt like a weight had been lifted.  Yes, I’m very scared, very very scared.  I believe this new chapter in my life is part of a plan, a plan I really have no control over.  I don’t know what the outcome will be, or how I will handle things.  But, I am going to try to keep an open mind and look for the positives.  I’ve already seen some positives!

  • Zoë and I actually sit down for healthy breakfasts! 
  • Prudy snuggles with me!  (I swear the dog used to hate me.)
  • We have laughter in the house and things seem much more relaxed!
  • Dan has commented multiple times that I seem very happy!

I know there are more examples.  I plan to write them down as I think of them, so this list will most likely expand.  I hope to find a part time job, a job with a flexible schedule or even a telecommuting job for extra income.  I feel like I’ve been neglecting my family for so long and Zoe will only be little once.  I don’t want to miss anything.

Prudy - The ultimate in “No Worries”!

pru2

No comments:

Post a Comment